Thursday, October 22, 2020

Comedogenic Scale~8 Valid Reasons Not To Trust It

As most of us know, the internet is infested with miss information and you really have to look at all angles with a logical open mind. It’s really not about believing it’s about evidence. In order to get truthful evidence, you have to learn by experience. So try to do some of your own research before shaking hands. 


As a natural skincare maker, I’ve no doubt done my homework and within the thousands of hours of research involving trial and error, over 6 years now to be exact,  I’ve no doubt come across this comedogenic scale. My intuition about it from the start told me it’s ridiculous and looks like a marketing scam to me, so I had to find out if my instinct was right. This is what I’ve learned so far.

 The comedogenic scale was made up of scientific tests that bring inconsistent results. What is the comedogenic scale? Comedone means clogged pores or pimple. So this scale was invented to separate clog poring ingredients from non-clog poring ingredients. 

I’ll get to the point right away. Here’s a list of why this scale can’t be trusted. 

#1 The “term” (non-comedogenic) isn’t regulated by the FDA. It’s made up of just for marketing purposes, and the purpose is to trick people for profit. Not that the FDA can be trusted either with the number of chemicals they let slip by that cause a slew of health problems. 
           
#2 The corporations involved with these test studies are trying to sell skincare by establishing a false certainty that gives their products the green light based solely on this scale for profit, not for “care” so money is the main priority. 

#3 Tests are not cruelty-free. They perform these tests on rabbits by injecting different ingredients in their ears for days. It takes about 3 weeks for results and because performing these tests on humans takes much longer, they use animals. Even though their skin chemistry is not at all like ours. To achieve the final results from our furry friends is a horrific reality that I can’t bring myself to write down, but maybe you can take a hint.
#4 If the scientific study is deemed authentic it gets rid of the competition.

                                                   

#5 They would have to test every person on this planet with a conclusion of billions of different results because everyone has unique skin chemistry. An ingredient that works for one person might not work for someone else. Obviously! Therefore the most reliable test would be your own.




#6 The Ingredients that are tested not only have no source but vary in results due to inconsistent testing strategies. Undiluted vs diluted. In which we know in the creating of natural skincare world that we have to dilute and mix all our ingredients with the proper ratios and with which complement each other.

#7 There are no clear facts with all over the place results and inconsistencies.

#8 Here's a clear fact, our bodies naturally produce sebum that helps to hydrate and protect our skin. It’s the most “comedogenic”. The majority of natural ingredients used in creating skincare products mimic our sebum. There are a plethora amount of “comedogenic” natural ingredients that don’t clog pores but have a plentiful amount of antioxidants and vitamins that do quite the opposite of clogging pores, especially when combined with other powerful skin-loving botanicals.

Here’s an honest scale you can go by to find out if what you’re buying is going to work for your skin. 
“The common-sense scale” with these valid tips~
It’s human nature to look for a quick fix in this fast-paced society. The comedogenic scale definitely caters to this fact. Being a human myself, I’m definitely not innocent of this. When I’m out buzzing around I don’t always have the time to make the healthiest choices. Fast food is very appealing πŸ˜‹ But I do try and choose the healthier option and if it means tossing the top bun, that’s what I do. 

So my point is that  I don’t write these articles with the intention of proving I’m perfect because I’m definitely not. My intention is out of pure concern and care. To share what I learn along the way of my own journey whether it jives with your own journey or not. It’s up to you to decide. 

Source


Visit My Site πŸ™Œ


                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment