Sunday, November 1, 2020

Amazing Anti-Ageing Tremella~Should We Kick Hyaluronic Acid To The Curb?

 


Amazing Tremella, have you heard of it? It's been around in the beauty industry for years. And used for medicinal and beauty purposes for centuries. I came across the word Tremella recently for the first time and it was associated with hyaluronic acid. I noticed it on a bottle that said Tremella 400 times more hydrating than HA. That's what got me intrigued. This is exciting, I had to find out what it is and how it compares to hyaluronic acid. 



I have just finished formulating my hyaluronic acid serum and trying it out for the first time. So far, I'm loving it! But now Tremella has come to town. As astounding as it sounds, I'm not convinced kicking hyaluronic acid to the curb is reasonable. But working together, sounds like a fair solution and why not? 

This is new to me so I'll have to find out if the two get along together. If so, joining powers sounds like an amazingly magical anti-ageing fountain of youth! I've noticed many articles mentioning Tremella as an HA alternative, but it doesn't make sense seeing as Tremella is just another form of hyaluronic acid providing the same hydrating benefits +    Sources~ (1) (2



In case you don't know, Tremella is a mushroom ( also called snow fungus ) and deemed the ultimate anti-ageing beauty mushroom. It looks like a spongy beautiful flower. Found in most tropical climates growing on dead tree branches. Different cultures give it different names, Chinese " silver ear mushroom" Japanese "white tree jellyfish" 

It's an edible species of the fungi family and is loaded with vitamins, high in vitamin D, antioxidants and anti-inflammatories. it's also called a "beauty superfood" Since the Chinese started cultivating Tremella back in 1884, women in China found Tremella's effect on the skin provided a glow and supple youthful complexion. Ancient Chinese royalty, Yang Guifei, was believed to be the most beautiful woman in Chinese history who credited her beauty to none other than Tremella.


It was also used in ancient Chinese and Japanese culture as a tonic called yin, which supported all major organs, the lung. brain, stomach and heart, boosting the immune system.  Source~  https://www.furtherfood.com/7-health-benefits-of-tremella-mushrooms-the-ultimate-beauty-mushroom/    




I haven’t tried Tremella yet but it’s something I’ll be purchasing soon. I’d love to see how it would work in a face and body butter and as a face serum on its own. I think it would be a wonderful addition to my Timeless Infusion vanilla & cocoa moisturizer as well.

 So far I’ve used my hyaluronic acid 5 times including it with my skincare routine. I thought my skin was feeling great before but wow! It’s already feeling so much softer and plumper. It’s also looking firmer and brighter. I’m happy with the results so far. So I’m excited to see what Tremella will do.

Even though Tremella sounds amazing and has more benefits than HA I’m not giving up on hyaluronic acid yet. I think between the two they can only complement each other. Of course this my own opinion and trying to keep an open mind. 

If we look at what Tremella and HA have to offer, we can see how they can work together. Mushrooms have offered many health benefits for centuries but the Tremella mushroom has been used for centuries for its beauty-enhancing benefits. 

Tremella holds 500 times its weight in water and is very high in Vitamin D. Its molecular weight is smaller than HA which means it will penetrate the skin much easier. Vitamin D is essential to skin health by repairing cell growth and preventing premature ageing. Tremella acts much the same as HA by pulling water into the skin. Hyaluronic acid holds 1000 times its weight in water. Even though HA has a larger molecular weight, it makes sense to me that Tremella and HA can work hand in hand by providing a full spectrum of benefits. 

Because of HA’s higher molecular weight, it means it won’t penetrate the skin as deeply but it still provides quicker results by pulling moisture in and creating a protective barrier, holding the hydration in and filling up fine lines, giving a more smooth and plump appearance. 


But before I can decide whether I want to combine HA with Tremella or replace HA with Tremella altogether I’ll have to do further research and experiment before I can feel confident with my decision. 

Besides all the benefits to take into account, there is also one very important thing to consider and that is in “most cases” the fact is that although HA’s origin is natural and is derived from friendly bacteria, its fermentation process is done in a lab and is quite complex. Whereas Tremella comes directly from nature. 

If you’re vegan you want to know that your products don’t come from any kind of animal source, understandably. Myself, being a natural skincare creator it’s vital that I know my ingredients are high quality and where they’re sourced. The HA powder that I purchase is 100% Pure Hyaluronic Acid (Produced from plants and Certified Organic) No Parabens - No Sulfates - No Animal Testing. 

My final thoughts are that I believe Tremella is a better choice for many obvious reasons but if your skincare routine already involves hyaluronic acid, adding Tremella will only give your skin an extra boost in benefits and with all the outside environmental pollutions, drastic weather changes and then some, our skin takes a lot of damage daily and needs all the help it can get. 

Visit My Site 🥰


Browse My Shop 🌟 For 100% Natural Skincare 

                                               





2 comments:

  1. How exciting. I've never heard of Tremella until now. Thanks for the info. Great blog! I love all your products on Etsy. It'd be cool to see what you create with Tremella eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! ❤️ Im excited to try Tremella too and create a serum or moisturizer with it. I think it will be amazing for premature and mature skin 🥰

      Delete